|UWF Tag Team Championship|
|Introduced||June 4, 2005|
|Current champion||Justice Society of America|
|Date Won||August 6, 2014|
|Event Won||UWF Extreme Pain Fest Deluxe 2014|
The UWF Tag Team Championship is the only title in the tag team division in the Ultimate Wrestling Federation. The title began on June 4, 2005 at UWF Inauguration Day.
Stats and Info
- The Tag Team Championship have been active for 1099 days.
- There have been a total of fifteen different reigns.
- There have been a total of eight different teams to hold the Tag Team Championship.
- There have been a total of eighteen different people to hold the Tag Team Championship.
- The Mortal Kombatants have the record for most reigns as a team with four.
- Reptile has the record for the most reigns as an individual with four.
- The Mortal Kombatants have the record for the longest reign with 415 days.
- Luke Bearl & Marv have the record for the shortest reign with 14 days.
- The Mortal Kombatants have the record for the longest combined reigns with 606 days.
- The Mortal Kombatants have the record for most successful title defenses with 8.
- The only Mega Events that the Tag Team Championship has changed hands are the Extreme Pain Fest Deluxes.
The Tag Team Championship has gone through a couple of different designs during its lifetime. The first design was used on Here Comes the Pain. The champions wore the titles during season one. The design was still used during season two however the champions did not wear the titles to the ring. The reason was because Joe Evenson realized how much of a pain in the ass it was to play story mode every time the titles changed hands.
With season three UWF moved over to Smackdown vs. RAW 2006. A new title design was created and it was used from season three to the middle of season six.
In the middle of season six, UWF moved over to Smackdown vs. RAW 2007. The design of the titles changed with the move. This new title design was used from the middle of season six to the end of season nine.
When UWF returned with its second volume, the belt design went back to its original HCTP design. This is the design that is currently being used.